Google's Open Source Team will be out in full force at OSCON 2007, and we welcome the chance to meet more members of the community at the conference. For those interested in learning about Google's open source activities, come and hear our annual open source update or learn more about how the community has used our project hosting service since its launch at OSCON 2006. For those interested in our developer applications, we'll be taking a look at how to write large, multipage Ajax applications with Google Web Toolkit and getting up close and personal with Google Gears. We're excited to hear your feedback and answer your questions.
Better still, several members of our team will be sharing some of the lessons they've gleaned from their years of contribution to open source. Come on by and learn about:
- Dispelling Legal Myths: Things OSS Developers Get Wrong About the Law
- Geek Herding on a Shoestring (BoF)
- How to Protect Your Open Source Project from Poisonous People
- Subversion Worst Practices
- What's In It For Me? How Your Company Can Benefit from Open Sourcing Code
On the other hand, life isn't all fun and talks. Come hack on Google Web Toolkit with us, join us for the Google Summer of Code community BoF, and find out the 2007 winners of the Google O'Reilly Open Source Awards.
We look forward to seeing you there!