Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Developers go big for business at Google I/O 2010

There was a big focus on developing software for businesses at Google I/O this year, centered around three themes: build and sell apps in the Marketplace, customize and extend Google's apps, and build your own apps for internal use. The news kicked off the day before Google I/O with the announcement of Gmail contextual gadgets and many enhancements for Google Apps Script, including JDBC support. Then during the keynote, we launched Google App Engine for Business and announced our collaboration with VMware, and continued with the announcement of Google Wave (Labs) availability in Google Apps and Exchange support in Android 2.2 (aka Froyo).


Altogether there were more than a dozen technical sessions focused on the enterprise and more than 20 Google Apps Marketplace vendors demoing in the Enterprise Developer Sandbox.

Here’s a recap of a few of the sessions below. You can find the videos and slides for these sessions on the linked session title:


You can also find all videos for Enterprise I/O 2010 sessions in this YouTube playlist.

We’re excited to see the great strides our enterprise developer community has made, and we're looking forward to seeing even more innovation and progress at next year’s I/O. We hope to see you then!

Posted by Ryan Boyd, Google Apps team

1 comment:

  1. I’ve gotten good feedbacks from ASUS. Elonex ONE, I haven’t heard of yet. Thank you for this post. I have gotten information I needed to know, the comments helped as well.
    International Atomic Energy Agency

    ReplyDelete