Monday, March 21, 2011

Google I/O extends virtually around the world

In celebration of Google I/O 2011, many Google offices around the world, as well as GTUG partners and Student Ambassadors, are hosting free viewing parties of Google I/O sessions. If you can't attend Google I/O in person, these events are a way to connect with other talented developers and watch live feeds of the conference.

Part viewing party and part community building, Google I/O Extended events are free and worldwide, focused on bringing the developer community together to live-stream the keynote and other major sessions of Google I/O. Each location’s event will be a little different, so check the registration page of the closest location to see what they have planned. With limited space, registration is required. Learn more and find an I/O Extended event near you on the I/O Extended site. These events are being organized by local developer community leaders and university ambassadors, so please reach out to them specifically if you have any questions about the details.

Here are just a few of the locations hosting an I/O Extended event:

Africa
Asia
Europe
North America
South America and Central America

See more locations on the map and register for a Google I/O Extended event in your area.

We look forward to having you join us for Google I/O Extended!

41 comments:

  1. What about Paris, France ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julien, i don't know - will find out and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about just streaming the sessions on a website, dedicated to online vide0... say youtube?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we just a need a place and a projector?
    Right ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guys,

    nothing in Paris ??
    Tell me this is not the final list !

    On the other hand, I appreciate my idea is put in practice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing for seattle? Boooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some keynotes should be retransmitted during the Solutions Linux expo in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quoting Doo Reelkow, there will be streaming available?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paris will hold an event during Solution Linux. don't know why it is not in list. @parisgtug

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any chance for an event in Israel?

    ReplyDelete
  11. More locations will be added as they are confirmed. Please check back at the I/O Extended site for the latest info.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Link for Waterloo is wrong, use the link from the map.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most likely, there'll be 1-2 events in the Czech Republic as well. If interested, watch gug.cz for upcoming info

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mexico isnt in the list <--??

    ReplyDelete
  15. if you need a host in Copenhagen/denmark pls contact me schilling.kim at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Netherlands - Amsterdam/Utrecht?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is Brussels in (Belgian) Dutch, French or just English?

    ReplyDelete
  18. How can I get my GTUG involved? Columbia,SC

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vietnam - specifically Ho Chi Minh City. I teach instructional technology at a 4,000+ student university and we would be very interested in having a session here. If there is anyone I can contact to set this up, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Sonnarman: please have a look at the Managerslist, there was a post about this yesterday. Otherwise contact me directly.

    @Bernie: Singapore, Seol is allready on the list.

    @Hojatol: Sydney is on the list too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are all these events in english or in the local language? For example, Aachen is the closest place for me but I don't speak german (well enough).

    ReplyDelete
  22. @uebermuede Singapore is already in the list? How do I register? It's not above

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Markus: No, it is not.

    Read what is texted ahead the list:

    "Here are just a few of the locations hosting an I/O Extended event:"

    That means, that NOT ALL LOCATIONS are listed.
    For a full list, view the Google I/O Extended Page at https://sites.google.com/site/2011ioextended/.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is it possible to set up a private streaming for my company? ( we are approx. 16 people dying to see this ). If so what will be streamed? ( all or just keynotes ). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Nikolaj as far as i know it will be streamed to ANYONE, not just GTUGs

    @honcheng not on the list but i talked to the organizer

    ReplyDelete
  26. How about Chennai, India ?

    ReplyDelete
  27. @PRASANNAN: Yes, there is an I/O Extended event in Chennai. See this page. The full list of locations is here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Pune, India folks don't even respond back after we register. Both my friend and I registered a long time back (may be about a month ago), but didn't hear back.

    ReplyDelete