Monday, November 28, 2011

Google I/O 2012 extended to three days from June 27-29, 2012

Author Photo
By Monica Tran, Google I/O Team

After Google I/O 2011, you consistently told us you wanted more time to attend sessions, visit our partners in the Developer Sandbox, and meet 1:1 with the engineers behind Google’s developer platforms and APIs. We recently received an unexpected opportunity to extend Google I/O to three days, so as we announced on our +Google Developers page, we are moving the conference to June 27-29, 2012. It will still take place at Moscone Center West in San Francisco.

Google I/O 2012
June 27-29, 2012
Moscone Center West, San Francisco


In the meantime, be sure to brush up on your coding skills. They’ll come in handy when the new application process opens in February. That’s all we can tell you for now, but we’d advise against making travel arrangements until then. Continue following us at our Google Developers page on Google+ to be the first to get #io12 updates!


This post supersedes our previous Save the Date announcement. Please update your calendars: Google I/O will be coming to Moscone Center in San Francisco on June 27-29. We will be responding to FAQs via our thread on Google+.


You might remember Monica Tran from I/O Live or one of our eight Google Developer Days around the world. This year, she’s back to lead the charge on Google I/O 2012.

Posted by Scott Knaster, Editor